Saturday, February 23, 2013

Best-friends Forever! (Version: Long Distance)

When I was in grade school I remember that there was this unspoken rule that you could only have one best-friend but as I grew up I began to realize that I can't have only one best-friend! I've met so many people in my life, had a bunch of friends, gained some and even lost some but what I know is that I have 2 of the most amazing best-friends a girl could ask for. If you follow me on twitter you would know that Alex (@lexyquevedo) is one of my childhood friends, believe me when we first met we we're the worst of enemies and then later on became best-friends, but thats another story! My other best-friend is Micah (@micahcbrown) whom I've been friends for, for about 5 years already. Sadly a year ago she moved to the US along with her brother Michael.

This was the day Micah left me.. Huhuhu. Ako talaga?! #DramaQueen 
Hinanap ko pa yan sa Instagram ko ah! Effort.


Its been a year and a month since she's moved but we still remain best-friends til this day! How you ask? (as if may nagtatanong) Well because we both make an effort to be friends! Its as simple as keeping the communication there, we don't skype/tweet/talk everyday but when we do we actually make the most out of it! Its even harder because of the time difference! 

We skype from time to time and talk about EVERYTHING that has happened from the moment we stopped skyping the last til we start our new skype session. Our calls usually last for about 3-5 hours! It could even be simple things like tweeting each other, for example if we see something on twitter that reminds us of each other we RT it to each other or we simply reminisce or make "kulit" each other. Chos

If were not talking about what we've been up to lately we usually end up reminiscing. Micah and I would do almost everything together! During the summer/holidays she would always be with my family if she wasn't with her family friends in Alabang, because her mom was already in the US by that time. My sister Megan and my mom would call her the "adopted Young". Every family event if Micah wasn't there people would end up looking for her haha! I remember one summer she spent a good 3 weeks with me and all we did was watch movies and cook! She would always accompany me to work, even though all my other friends would find it so boring she wouldn't because she apparently "enjoyed watching people". Yeah, sometimes shes a weirdo but I love her anyways. 

Megans party 2 or 3 years ago

Some random party 2 or 3 years later


Since I am done reminiscing and sweet talking about my BFF I shall now get to the questions that you guys have sent me about "Friendship". So this is me giving out my own personal opinion about situations and if you don't like it, edi wag. Chos lang siyempre. But seriously, if you don't like it, its also fine! Ok here we go this segment is called. #FeelingTherapist (kainis ba yung #? cheznut)

FEELING THERAPIST 

From Brent: What if you're long time best friends or in other term "tropa" finds a new company and was like forgetting your built friendship?

Well theres nothing wrong with having new friends or finding new friends, because everyone has the right to have as many friends as they want but if it comes to the point that they are "forgetting" about your friendship I suggest that you just let them. Maybe its not really forgetting but more of they are growing up, want to experiment and meet new people. It doesn't mean that they are leaving you behind but I suggest that you do the same and try and make room for new friends but don't go as far as forgetting your old ones. If ever your friend/friends do come back and try and rekindle your old friendship then don't be the bitter one and just forgive and forget.

From Denielle: Hi Lauren! I'm Denielle and one of my best-friends now moved to Saipan 3 years ago. We have this "friend monthsary" thing. Every month we have something special for each other. Kind of "magastos" but it's worth it. My question is how do you stay connected to each other?  How do you keep it sweet even though you're miles and miles apart? A big shout-out to my very beautiful long-distance girlfriend Jujolinne Asis! More power to your blog Lo.

Hey Denielle! I think its really sweet that you and your friend have a "friend monthsary" and give each other gifts! Thank God for technology! Cause thats how Micah and I stay connected with each other, if we're not skyping we are either tweeting or iMessaging each other. People think long distance friendships are hard but its really just about the communication.

From Anonymous: Hi Lo! It's my ex-bff's birthday today, she's a classmate. We stopped talking last Jan. 16 and she told me "We can be friends, just not like before." I gave her a gift yesterday but my other guy bestfriend is the one who gave it to her. Until now, di man lang sya magparamdam. One month na kaming HINDI nag-uusap. What to do? :( Should I greet her? :( And yesterday too is our friendsary. T_____T Help? :(

Kudos to you for making an effort! Ganun talaga, minsan may tampuhan sa friendships pero if you're both willing to work it out and push your egos/pride aside and forgive one another then it will work. A word of advice (meganun?) she obviously wants space, so just give that to her first, don't be too pushy! But still be there for her as a friend, if she suddenly goes up to you or needs you just be the way you used to be to her. Hope you guys can become good friends again!




Sorry if I couldn't entertain all of the questions sent in but I hope I was a help to those questions I answered! Just remember that distance doesn't matter when it comes to any sort of relationship!

Love,
Lauren

P.S

I MISS YOU SO MUCH MICAH CARMEL BROWN<3




3 comments:

  1. I can feel you! My bestfriend also migrated to US mga 3 years ago na and kahit open naman ang communication namin, hindi pa rin maiwasan na ma-miss ko siya. Siguro hindi pa rin talaga kayang palitan ng social networking sites yung bond na meron kapag magkasama kami.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "People think long distance FRIENDSHIPS are hard but its really just about the communication." True! It might not work to "love-relationship" but in friendship, it can, really. (:

    ReplyDelete