Monday, February 18, 2013

Hometown Glory

Don't get me wrong I looooove Manila, I kinda grew up here (grade 6-present), I work, live and go to school here but theres just something about my hometown, Subic Bay that I love so much! I guess its the fact that I could go to the beach whenever I want since its only a 15 minute drive, I could sleep with the windows open because the air there is so fresh, the food is amazeballs, especially if you know where to go! But the thing I love most about Subic isn't actually Subic itself, but all the memories that I have with my family and my friends who have become my family. Here comes the nostalgic memories (barf)! I remember every Holy Week we would all get together and have our traditional camping night! We would set up tents, have a bbq and just stay up all night talking and playing games, the funny part is we would just do it in our friends backyard and never an actual forrest. Mga scaredy cats kasi. Haha! Anyways back to my actual blog post, masyado na akong nag-ooff topic! Haha!

So for the weekend I went to Subic with my brother Victor and best-friend Alex! We stayed at our old house there and visited some of our friends, we mostly went there because our friend Diana is going back to Korea to study and we wouldn't see her again until December so in a way it was her little despedida! We stayed up all night playing mind games and monopoly deal then the next day we grabbed some lunch at "Koko Buri" inside Subic which has really good chicken it gave BonChon a run for its money and then we headed to our favorite place called "The Secret Beach". Its not actually called that, we're the only ones who call it that because its a beach that no one owns, not a lot of people know about it and its honestly one of the best beaches I have ever been to. The waters are so calm and clear, white sands and lots of fishies swimming around! I once saw a star fish there as big as my face! My friend Cheska says that sometimes there are jellyfish and sharks (scary much). So after all my blabbing here comes the part I know you guys want.


PHOTO DUMP!!!! <3

Pizza from Bunker Bobs

Eggplant Parmesan from Bunker Bobs

Soy Garlic Chicken, Curry Rice and Spicy Kangkong from Koko Buri

Weirdo Victor


Diana, Cheska and Alex 

The Gang!

Alex and I


Raphaela and Edgar

Pretty Raph! <3

The girlaloos

The Hipsters

~mowdel~

Edgar, Victor, Raphaela and Diana

My "twin" Cheska

We like doing weird things

~art shot~

Cheska, Diana, Me and Alex

Sabi sayo twins kami eh

Edgar

Footprints in the Sand ni Leona Lewis


wth?

Di ko gets trip nila hahah

Cansaaaaa

Diana and Edgar holding their favorite things

Super good bruschetta from Bunker Bobs!

Clowhdz

The Secret Beach





I live in Manila but Subic Bay will always be my home. I always keep on going back because this is the place where I grew up, my family is here and all the friends I grew up with experienced first loves with, fought with, laughed and cried with. The kids who would sleep at each others houses and talked all night with. This is where I would spend all the holidays. Watch a movie at Times Square and grab a snack at Wimpys! Went to school here, fell in love and out of love but the best of all this is the place where I met the greatest friends I could ever wish for.


Love, 
Lauren

11 comments:

  1. Gustoo ko makarating sa Secret Beach! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. Gusto ko to gawin lahat ng ginawa nyo today with my friends too ♥ Thanks for sharing Lo.. It reminded me the good memories with my old pals. :')

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to go there too! Ang ganda mo talaga Lo! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lauren! I'm 18 years old. I am a big fan of yours since your Abt Ur Love days pa. Wala lang, nasisiyahan lang ako kasi may "twin" kang Cheska ang name. Hihihi. Kinikilig ako. :D Hindi ko man siya kasing ganda, at least malapit sa'yo ang name na Cheska. (Kahit name lang yan, ok na.)

    I'm a foodie too. Can you post videos of you cooking some viands? THANK YOU

    Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thats so nice to hear since that was such a long time ago already. Haha!
      I'll keep that suggestion in mind and research on it, since I've never tried making that.


      Thank you and have a great day as well!

      Delete
    2. Kaya nga eh at namiss ko bigla si AJ :( Thank you. I'll look forward to that. :)

      Delete
  5. Subic Bay is beautiful! & those food photos makes me so hungry, haha. Great post! I miss the Philippine beaches now! :(

    lots of love, Dana Carmella ♔

    ReplyDelete
  6. Last time I visited Subic was when I was still a Junior HS!!! I love the place, hope to come back there soon! I love you LO, forever idol

    ReplyDelete